Canonnier Beachcomber Golf Resort & Spa - Mauritius
Commanding spectacular views over the northern islands and sparkling Indian Ocean, Canonnier Beachcomber Golf Resort & Spa is a friendly and welcoming resort set on a historic peninsula (home to an ancient lighthouse, the ruins of an old fortress and several old cannons), but it’s the hospitable and relaxed Mauritian atmosphere that makes this a great Mauritius hotel choice.
Lush, tropical gardens dotted with cascading pools and a string of secluded creeks the resort is the ideal place to relax, plus you are just a short drive away from the entertainment and shops of Grand Baie - so you really do have the best of both worlds.
All rooms have fresh contemporary Mauritian interiors and the gardens and beach make the most of its peninsula setting. The unique spa is located in the branches of a Banyan tree ideal for a relaxing treat and as with all Beachcomber hotels, there’s a whole host of free land and water sports.
- Inter-dine at nearby Mauricia Beachcomber
- Upgrade to one of the Seaview Rooms
- Treat yourself at Spa Beachcomber
- Superb golf available at Mont Choisy Golf Course
Dotted around the 17-acre tropical garden the stylish rooms offer magnificent views across the resorts gardens, pool or sparkling Indian Ocean. With accommodation options suitable for both couples and families.
All rooms, apartments and suites include: Individually controlled air-conditioning, private bathroom with bathtub (no bathtub in Standard Rooms), shower and W.C, minibar, safe, hairdryer, international direct dialling telephone, television with satellite channels and complimentary tea & coffee making facilities.
Non-Smoking Policy: All rooms, restaurants, bars and public areas of the hotel are non-smoking areas.
Restaurants and bars
Infusing authentic charm and colonial influences, dining experiences at Cannonier Beachcomber offer a tasty and varied dining experience for guests.
Meal Plan: Breakfast and evening meal or all-inclusive. Dinner is either buffet or Chef's Daily Menu, in selected restaurants only, with á la carte dishes available at a supplement. An all-inclusive option is also available. Occasionally a restaurant may close for a group booking.
Dress code: During the day the dress code is casual, during the evening the restaurants prefer guests to be smart-casual, so shirts and trousers (full length) for men.
Non-Smoking Policy: Each restaurant features a 'smoking area', smoking is permitted in all bars.
Surrounded by coconut palms, Le Frangipanier has a memorable tropical setting. This is Canonnier's main restaurant and serves a buffet breakfast. In the evening there is a choice of themed buffets. The restaurant also features a separate kids corner with it's own mini-buffet.
• Breakfast is served 07:30 to 10:00, lunch 12:30 to 14:30 and dinner 18:30 to 21:30.
An elegant restaurant housed in an old colonial building. Enjoy lunch or dinner with views out to sea and across to the northern islets.
• A la carte lunch from 12:30 to 14:30 and dinner six evenings a week, by reservation only, between 19:30 and 21:30. Seats 120.
La Serenata is a cozy Italian restaurant next to Le Frangipanier which serves a chef’s daily menu and á la carte.
• Open for dinner 6 evenings a week 19:30 to 21:30. Seats 40.
Le Planteur Bar
LE PLANTEUR BAR IS A LIVELY BAR IN THE CENTRE OF THE RESORT OVER LOOKING THE GARDENS AND MAIN POOLS.
Le Planteur Bar is a lively bar in the centre of the resort over looking the gardens and main pools. Serves drinks and snacks during the day.
• Open from 09:00 to 23:00.
Le Navigator Bar
Bar open from 11:00 to 02:00.
The All-Inclusive option at Canonnier Beachcomber includes:
Dining, Meals and Snacks
- All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- A la carte or buffet restaurants (with supplement on certain items)
- Pancakes served between 1600-1800
- Sandwiches in all bars between 1000-1600
- Picnic basket if you want to spend the day exploring the island
- Selected drinks from the mini bar
- Unlimited wines (carafe) during lunch and dinner
- Unlimited selected, soft & alcoholic local brand drinks from the bar lists between 0900-2300
- Guests also have the option of using their all inclusive package to enjoy the facilities offered by Le Mauricia
Sports, Relaxation and Children's Clubs
- Numerous free land sports including 3 tennis courts, volleyball, archery and yoga
- Numerous free water sports including unlimited waterskiing, glass bottomed boats, pedaloes, kayaks, snorkelling and sailing (lasers)
- Kids Club for children aged 3 to 12 years
At an additional charge
- Speciality wines, spirits and beverages outside the all-inclusive selection
- Room service
- A la carte items from the restaurant menus
- Laundry and dry cleaning
- Telephone, fax, internet and postal services
- Items from hotel's boutiques
- Mountain bike hire, scuba diving, deep sea fishing, under sea walks and catamaran cruises, tennis balls.
- Treatments at the Wellness Centre and Hairdresser.
Land, Water Sports & Golf
Unlike other holiday destinations and hotels, at all of the Beachcomber hotels many of the land and water sports are free for guests - including waterskiing. Canonnier guests will also enjoy reduced green fees and VIP service at the brand new Mont Choisy Golf Course, the only course on the north west coast of Mauritius.
Providing an authentic tropical retreat from the stress of daily life, Spa Beachcomber at Canonnier has an amazing setting in the branches of a huge Banyan Tree. Built amidst the branches of the ancient banyan tree the treatment cabins are build from thatch and stone and blend effortlessly into the natural surroundings, in fact a rustic, relaxed massage in the tree house setting is a must. The centre offers guests 6 Massage cabins for guests to enjoy a range of massages, facials and beauty treatments.
Friendly, welcoming and just a short drive away from the vibrant Grand Baie, your family will love Canonnier Beachcomber. There are plenty of family friendly accommodation options to choose between but we'd recommend staying in a family apartment for extra space and privacy, you can enjoy spacious bedrooms and an extensive terrace area perfect for getting outdoors together. Or perhaps you'd prefer to stay in one of the suites to enjoy great ocean views.
You wouldn’t want to miss out on teeing off from the iconic Mont Choisy Le Golf course or making the most of the PADI diving programme and we know you can’t wait to treat yourself to a relaxing spa afternoon. So, go ahead and enjoy a little ‘me time’ as you drop the kid’s off for the time of their lives at the kid’s club, from mask making to learning creole and enjoying treasure hunts they will have plenty of stories to share with you and their friends back home.
Family friendly facilities:
- Baby cots placed in room on request
- Complimentary land and water sports.
- Baby care room located off reception with changing table, microwaves, high chair, bottle warmer and sterilizer.
- Babysitting service available at a extra charge.
- Complimentary kids club for ages 3-12 with a fun packed activity programme.
- Early dinners for families with kid friendly meals served at the hotel restaurants.
- Gourmet purees prepared upon request.
- Stay in a family apartment
Mont Choisy Le Golf
In the heart of the northern plain of Mauritius lies a new and exciting golf course, Mont Choisy Le Golf. Set around a new urban development of 250 acres, the course has been designed by Peter Matkovich. As a former professional golfer, Peter Matkovich built his first golf course in 1975 and has since built many more around the world including others on Mauritius. Mont Choisy Le Golf is an 18-hole championship course set amidst an old sugar cane plantation and is only a few minutes drive from Canonnier Beachcomber.
Guests of Canonnier Beachcomber have access to the preferential tee off times and reduced green fees which include golf carts. The hotel will also provide complimentary transfers to and from the course.
Hole 1 – Par 4 – 394m
A gentle opening hole that offers a generous fairway to start your round.
Hole 2 – Par 4 – 398m
A tough hole with a gentle dogleg to the right playing towards a raised green.
Hole 3 – Par 4 – 328m
A short risk & reward hole offering a good birdie opportunity for the better player.
Hole 4 – Par 3 – 200m
Medium to long hole towards a green strategically positioned between two large mounds.
Hole 5 – Par 5 – 466m
A short hole into the prevailing wimds. Subtle slopes can make it difficult to reach the green in less than three shots.
Hole 6 – Par 4 – 410m
This demanding hole is played from an elevated tee towards a generous fairway. The approach shot to the green is played from a natural rise.
Hole 7 – Par 5 – 523m
This hole will require some thought. It will often be played into the prevailing wind. Your second shot will be the key to securing a par.
Hole 8 – Par 3 – 162m
This short hole is played to a green protected by a pond and bunkers. It offers a good securing opportunity on a calm day.
Hole 9 – Par 4 – 393m
A series of small strategic bunkers protect both the fairway and the green. This hole offers a real birdie opportunity for the better player.
Hole 10 – Par 4 – 411m
A generous fairway provides some breathing space on an otherwise challenging hole. The approach to a large undulated green includes a strategically placed bunker in front.
Hole 11 – Par 3 – 180m
A long par 3 played to a long narrow green protected by large bunkers.
Hole 12 – Par 5 – 546m
This long hole played slightly up hill offering three different options on the second shot.
Hole 13 – Par 4 – 291m
An exciting short hole played downhill towards a green protected by a pond offers a potential eagle put.
Hole 14 – Par 5 – 536m
A shortish par 5 with a dog leg left and a pond towards a small green protected by bunkers and swales.
Hole 15 – Par 3 – 125m
A short hole across a wetland to an island green featuring the ancient chimneys, one of the signature landmarks of the estate.
Hole 16 – Par 4 – 398m
A picturesque par 4 which plays towards the historical agricultural landscape of the estate. It requires an accurate tee shot leaving a second shot slightly uphill to the green.
Hole 17 – Par 3 – 178m
The long green s protected by a large bunker that frames this beautiful hole.
Hole 18 – Par 5 – 503m
This grand finale hole is bound to provide its share of drama leaving you excited until your next round at Mont Choisy Le Golf.
Wedding & Honeymoons
Canonnier Beachcomber offers two fantastic wedding packages, The Beachcomber Package and the Luxury Beachcomber Package. Each package includes all the necessary legal fees and a dedicated wedding planner at Canonnier who will cater for all your wedding requirements.
The Beachcomber Package
- Includes cost of all legal procedures, fees and documentation
- Civil Status charges in Port Louis including the cost of transfers from your resort to the Civil Status office
- Registrar's fees
- Dedicated wedding planner in Mauritius and a wedding team in the UK
- Choice of wedding locations at chosen resort
- Wedding cake for 10 people
- Bridal bouquet and groom's button hole
- Celebration breakfast in bed
- Separate room for the groom to change in (subject to availability)
- Cost | £675
The Beachcomber Luxury Package
The Beachcomber Luxury Package includes everything that the Beachcomber Package offers but also includes these extra treats:
Bride's spa treatment including a luxury manicure, pedicure and massage Groom's spa treatment including a body polish and massage Hair and make-up for the bride including a trial session One bottle of champagne and canapés for the bride and groom after the ceremony A special four course wedding dinner in a private location Romantic set-up in room A gift from the hotel Cost | £1,040
Holiday Name : Canonnier Beachcomber Golf Resort & Spa